Weight loss is a journey that takes a lot of time and patience. After all, as a rule of thumb researchers believe that you have to burn roughly 3,500 calories in order to lose one pound of fat.
However, it is possible to hit some road blocks when you are on your weight loss program. No matter how healthy you eat or how much aerobic activity you complete, there can be a time where your body just doesn’t change like you would want it to. This is where the coolsculpting procedure can come in.
The coolsculpting treatment is for those looking for a little extra weight loss help. Here are some coolsculpting facts that will help you understand a little bit more about this interesting procedure.
- It is not meant to be used all over your body. Instead, coolsculpting is meant to be a isolated treatment for specific troublesome areas. How will you know if you are a good candidate for this treatment? Consider your workout and lifestyle, and if you are happy with your results. If there is an area of your body that you think could use some extra help, coolsculpting is the way to go.
- Coolsculpting was inspired by children eating popsicles! Doctors noticed that when children would suck frozen treats, their cheeks would firm up and lose volume. So, they have transferred this technology to work on specifically targeted fat cells in other areas of the body.
- The procedure works by putting areas of the skin in a machine, and exposing it to sub-zero temperatures. This will result in death of fat cells, which will be shed by the body’s immune system within two to three months.
- This treatment works the best on the thighs, abdomen,and love handles. It will not work well with broader areas, so make sure to speak to a doctor for a consultation as a way to understand if you are a candidate.
- The procedure is non-invasive and doesn’t require any downtime. If you wanted, you could go to your doctor’s office on your lunch hour and return back for meetings that afternoon!
With these coolsculpting facts in mind, does this sound like something you would like to try? If so, don’t hesitate to contact our clinic today!Details