Summer is slowly but surely on its way! And you know what that means — swimsuit season and baring more skin. If you have put on a few extra pounds from all that holiday eating and have had to stay indoors because of gloomy weather, read on for some quick tips that will help you burn fat and achieve fast weight loss, The average American attempts to diet four times a year, so make this lifestyle change the one that will stick.
- In order to lose one pound a week, you generally need to eliminate 500 calories from your body by limiting caloric intake or exercising. Experts believe that to lose one pound of fat, you need to burn 3,500 calories.
- Add berries into your diet! Berries like raspberries, blueberries, and black raspberries are chock full of antioxidants that help prevent damage to tissues. They are also full of fiber, which keeps you feeling full, so add a couple cups of them to your diet every day.
- Create a food journal. This helps you become aware of what you are consuming everyday, and will keep you alert to those extra cheats that increase your caloric intake. People who do this actually eat 15% less food than those who don’t!
- Drink water. You can never have enough! Treat yourself to some juice in the morning with your breakfast, but then stay with water for the rest of the day. There are a lot of unnecessary calories found in soft drinks and juices, calories that if you omit, will help you towards your goal!
- Eat a couple bites less of your meal. Whether you refuse a few bites of pizza, that last chicken wing, or a cup of soda, choosing not to eat these will help save you mindless calories. Chances are, you are already full anyway.
If you need an extra push, do not be afraid to enter a weight loss clinic. These weight loss centers can help put you on a medical weight loss program that will set you up for success. Know that you are not alone, and reaching for a professional’s help is nothing to be ashamed of! After all, losing weight will make you look better, feel healthy, and refreshed so what do you have to loose?